[asterisk-users] Asterisk VoIP in Dubai/UAE?

Faraz R. Khan faraz.khan at emergen.biz
Wed May 28 23:47:00 CDT 2008

It is banned AND illegal. However the shaikh recently intervened to
allow VOIP connections WITHIN UAE. If you bypass Etisalat's money for
outbound international calls (I think UAE is MOST expensive in the
region) they can take away your building permit (from the owner of the
building in which your office is housed).

This is as far as I know. Things may have changed. Idiotic governments
do eventually learn.

--
Faraz R Khan
Chief Architect