[asterisk-users] Wait for input

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Wed May 28 23:20:38 CDT 2008

>3) Ask questions that won't condemn you to a lifetime of negative karma :)

Lol, I was trying to build a dialplan to authenticate for long distance,
but wasn't sure what I was looking for to accept the actual number once
in the dial plan. Theory was user dials 1234, it then prompts for authentication
and if successful, WaitExten or Read looks like it could do what I need. I was
hoping to then play something suggesting to enter number which would then push
that into my Dial SIP line. Not sure what is more appropriate, Read or WaitExten?

Thanks!
jlc