[asterisk-users] transferring a not yet answered call

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed May 28 11:16:48 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 12:11 PM, gincantalupo
<gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> how can I transfer a not yet answered call?
> Suppose you have a secretary and you want her to call someone for you
> (seems to be very common if you have a secretary  :-) ).
> She calls person A then in some way she has to connect the called person
> A with another person B (the person who order to call, for example you).
> How can it be done?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Giorgio.

The title of your post contradicts the body.  If you want to
accomplish the body, the receptionist just need to transfer the call
after the called party answers.

As for the posting title, I have never tried to transfer a call that
was in a ringing state on Asterisk.  It works on many other systems
though.  Have you tried it?

Thanks,
Steve Totaro