[asterisk-users] Asterisk just stops working...

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed May 28 10:45:51 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Nicolas Ross
<rossnick-lists at cybercat.ca> wrote:
>> The best approach is compile it with debug options, (make menuselect),
>> set the compile to DEBUG on, then make clean, make, make install.
>>
>> THen, fire up under the debugger. When you're all locked up, use ^C to
>> halt and leave the debugger in command, and do the "thread apply all bt"
>> thing. That should be revealing.
>
> Thanks,
>
> I'm not that much a developper. So I'll recompile with DEBUG_CHANNEL_LOCKS
> and DEBUG_THREADS.
>
> How do I start it up ? I curently start asterisk with redhat-style script in
> /etc/rc.d, with safe_asterisk I think...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nicolas

BTW, not sure what it is worth but this has been an issue in Asterisk
since early 1.2.  I always just worked around it since it was a minor
nuisance.

Just an observation, but it seemed that if I did not issue reloads or
keep a connection to the Asterisk CLI, the issue would not occur.  I
don't know if that is fact or just imagination...

Thanks,
Steve Totaro