[asterisk-users] Asterisk VoIP in Dubai/UAE?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed May 28 08:58:42 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 14:49 +0100, Gavin Henry wrote:

> We have a customer who is opening a new office in Dubai and we know
> that VoIP is blocked over there.

Hrm.  As in a "great firewall of Dubai" (akin to the great firewall of
China)?  I didn't know they were doing that over there.

> A VPN works, but is not great.

Interesting.  I wouldn't dream of carrying business voice over the open
Internet any more than I'd allow business data over the open Internet.
IOW, a VPN would (should) be a requirement, not an impediment.

b.