[asterisk-users] Problem with Asterisk to Asterisk IAX trunk

Henry Cobb henry.cobb at gmail.com
Wed May 28 05:15:34 CDT 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Edgar Guadamuz <eguadamuz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Could you please post your iax.conf ?
>
> On 5/27/08, Henry Cobb <henry.cobb at gmail.com> wrote:
>> When attempting to call from Vicidial (Asterisk 1.2.27) to TrixBox
>> (Asterisk 1.2.12.1) I get the following error.
>>
>> NOTICE[2914] chan_iax2.c: Rejected connect attempt from
>> XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, who was trying to reach '203@'

The way I worked around this is that I changed the Vicidial machine
from being a trunk on the TrixBox PBX to being a numeric extension on
it with a handwritten register line in iax_custom.conf on the PBX.

And then I changed the Vicidial agent dialing macros to use the
numeric rather than named IAX Dial.

Previous versions of FreePBX did not require this.

-HJC