[asterisk-users] Making remote calls via my Asterisk server

Alan Williamson alan at blog-city.com
Wed May 28 03:57:53 CDT 2008

All,

After using our Asterisk server now for over 6months, i have to confess
to loving it and loving the power it affords us.  We've purchased a
number of CISCO handsets and they simply rock.   Now we are based in the
UK, and we make a lot of calls to the US which we naturally route via
Asterisk and an outgoing provider.

What i would like to do, is to be able to call my Asterisk server via my
mobile phone (through the normal public exchange as my Asterisk server
answers a UK number), and then for me to dial a US number that will then
connect me to my mobile phone.

Ultimately i want to make US calls via my mobile, hopping through my
Asterisk server.   Since i have shed loads of inclusive minutes with my
mobile plan, it will be the same price as if i was at my desk.

I *think* i can do this via the voice menu stuff.  I would dial in,
press a number, and then dial my outgoing US number and it would route
it for me.

Am i in the right area?

any advice would be gratefully received.  thanks

Alan Williamson

  Try our free registrationless email/sms reminder
    http://yourli.st/

  b: http://alan.blog-city.com/