[asterisk-users] why is CLIP(CallerID presentation) facility charged?

Benjamin Jacob ben4asterisk at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 00:26:29 CDT 2008

Hello Guys,
This is not exactly an Asterisk-Users list question, but definitely have quite a few telecom/voip experts in here.

My q : Why is the Caller ID presentation facility charged? What's the big deal in providing it? Coming from the SIP/VoIP domain, all I see is setting the From(typically)/ Presentation fields, which more often than not, any self-respecting provider would set.

Is there some super-express processing need to be done somewhere along the line of the delivery of the call, for providing Caller ID?

- Ben.