[asterisk-users] Require a Type 102 milliwatt number

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue May 27 22:40:34 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 27 May 2008 20:40:18 John Novack wrote:
> Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> >> Just another example of why the developers need to go to a basic Telco
> >> school before reinventing the wheel ( sometimes incorrectly )
> >
> > There is no need to insult the developers.  Yes, there's a reason why the
> > typical milliwatt application is not exactly 1000Hz.  I think we've
> > actually left the Milliwatt application the way that it is for historical
> > reasons,ironically enough.
>
> Not an insult.
> No reason to be defensive either.
> A very common problem in many fields of engineering is not being
> educated in the history.
> Learn about the past before attempting to be the future!

Suggesting that the developers needed to be educated assumed a lot
about the developers, and I don't think it's a stretch to consider that a
lobbed insult.

I'd have less of a problem if you had simply suggested why you thought
it should be changed, rather than announcing that you believed that the
developers were unqualified to write telecommunications software.

--
Tilghman