[asterisk-users] Require a Type 102 milliwatt number

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue May 27 17:36:37 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 27 May 2008 17:17:41 John Novack wrote:
> Jared Smith wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 16:42 -0400, Dean Collins wrote:
> >> How do you get asterisk to send a 102 Milliwatt signal?
> >
> > The Milliwatt() dialplan application sends a 1000 Hz tone.  (I'm still
> > waiting for the developers to agree that it should be 1004 Hz, but
> > that's another issue.)
>
> 1004Hz has been the Telco standard for many a year.

You can already do that with simple dialplan:

exten => 8114,1,Answer
exten => 8114,n,PlayTones(1004/1000)
exten => 8114,n,Wait(300)

> Just another example of why the developers need to go to a basic Telco
> school before reinventing the wheel ( sometimes incorrectly )

There is no need to insult the developers.  Yes, there's a reason why the
typical milliwatt application is not exactly 1000Hz.  I think we've actually
left the Milliwatt application the way that it is for historical reasons,
ironically enough.

--
Tilghman