[asterisk-users] asterisk 1.4 QUEUES Variables

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Tue May 27 14:23:49 CDT 2008

Gustavo A Gonzalez wrote:
> I have running an Asterisk 1.4.20 box and  I want to get the value of
> the MEMBERINTERFACE variable to know about which queue member received
> the call. I set 'setinterfacevar=' to 'yes' in queues.conf but I can’t
> get this value. From a php AGI how I can read this value? Some example?

That is highly dependent on when you attempt to get the value. The
MEMBERINTERFACE variable is set once a member has answered the call, so if you
are running your AGI before that, then MEMBERINTERFACE will be empty. One option
you have is to pass the name of an AGI script as the sixth argument to Queue().
This AGI will run between when the member answers the call and when the call is
bridged. At that point, the MEMBERINTERFACE variable will be populated with the
correct string.

Mark Michelson