[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Linksys SPA8000?

Tom Moore tommym2006 at gmail.com
Tue May 27 07:50:46 CDT 2008

For now I'm configuring it through the web interface on the lan port, then
having it access an Asterisk server that is on the wan port's subnet.
One problem I had with one of the units I have, but have not tested this on
others is that if I have it configured to hit an Asterisk server on the
local subnet it works fine.
If I have it hit an Asterisk server out on the internet not all lines
register.
This even occurs if the Linksys and Asterisk servers are both on public ip
addresses and do not have nat between them.
I really don't understand why this happens, but the solution I've found is
to let your Asterisk server be your interface to the internet and let your
Linksys be your FXS interface to your Asterisk.

Tom