[asterisk-users] Group pickup and CDR Logging / TAPI

Gert-Jan de Boer boerg at nosco-ict.nl
Tue May 27 02:04:04 CDT 2008

Hello list,

I have an problem with a customer of mine who is using Asterisk 1.2 and
chan_sccp for Cisco phones.

The customer is using Microsoft Dynamics Navision to automate their
complete environment. We are now implementing an TAPI link between
Asterisk and Navision.
We receive all events from TAPI but run into an problem with the Pickup
functionality. When a phone is ringing and somebody else is picking it
up on another phone the TAPI sends an Event that the number that is
called picked up the phone. This ofcourse is not correct because someone
else picked up the line on another phone. I checked with CDR logging
from Asterisk and noticed that there is the same problem: it also
reports that the originally called number has picked up the phone.

Because the customer wants to popup an customer card in Navision at the
Pickup Event this will cause an problem: When the user picks up another
phone's call the user who was originally called will receive the
customer card in Navision and not the person who is actually speaking to
the customer.

My questions:

1. Why does the Pickup functionality work this way?
2. Is this customizeable so that we can make this functionality work?
3. Are there any workarounds if we can't configure this behaviour?

Kind regards,

Gert-Jan de Boer