[asterisk-users] How to do not use Asterisk internal DB for SIP register?

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Mon May 26 08:27:28 CDT 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Mindaugas Kezys <mkezys at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's what I'm talking about.
>
> Asterisk 1.4.18.1 and 1.4.20.1 are tested on 3 different servers from clean
> install (from sources). (1.4.19 does not work with SIP Realtime at all)
>
> Realtime cashing is OFF (sip.conf rtcachefriends = no). But I still can see
> (after device registration):
>
> SIP/Registry/106      :
> 193.138.yyy.xxx:62501:1800:106:sip:106 at 193.138.yyy.xxx:5060
>
> with "database show" command
>
> "sip show peers" shows nothing
>
> and
>
> "fullcontact" in DB is empty.
>
> (BTW - I cleaned DB with "database deltree SIP/Registry" before
> registering.)
>
> What's happening? New bug?

I checked this in sources, and seems that having "fullcontact" in
realtime table should do the trick and write to realtime engine
instead of Berkeley. However my production server also have
"SIP/Registry" entries filled in, but I have fullcontact in RT
populated too.I have "rtcachefriends" enabled, as realtime SIP peers
aren't really identical to static without cache - no call limit, state
in queues, and lot of other troubles.

Btw, rtcachefriends isn't that bad, you just have to issue "sip prune
realtime peer XXX" after each update in database.

Regards,
Atis