[asterisk-users] How to do not use Asterisk internal DB for SIP register?

Mindaugas Kezys mkezys at gmail.com
Mon May 26 04:15:09 CDT 2008

Hello,

We are using Asterisk Realtime and when registering SIP device in current
versions we noticed that:

1. Asterisk internal DB always holds info about registration, e.g.: "show
database" shows something like:
	/SIP/Registry/106      :
193.138.yyy.xxx:62501:1800:106:sip:106 at 193.138.yyy.xxx:5060
2. None of the related settings in sip.conf (rtcachefriends, rtsavesysname,
rtupdate, rtautoclear, ignoreexpire) are affecting this behaviour, e.g.
"show database" ALWAYS holds registration info.
3. "fullcontact" field in DB is not populated when rtcachefriends is off.

This behaviour totally ruins dynamic SIP registation when "fullcontact"
should be put into external realtime database.

We are not using sip caching which ruins purpose for realtime.

Question would be:

How to do not use Asterisk internal DB for SIP register and have
"fullcontact" field populated in DB _WITHOUT_ rtcachefriends = yes?

Thank you for your future help.

Regards,
Mindaugas Kezys
http://www.kolmisoft.com