[asterisk-users] Asterisk not answering calls

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Sat May 24 09:03:01 CDT 2008

I can make outbound calls, but when I call any of my did's they ring busy.
A tcpdump at the Asterisk server shows no inbound traffic and neither does sip set debug
show any activity. I have the providers routing set to sip user, I am using that user in my registration.

Anyone know if there is anything obvious that I missed?
Thanks!
jlc

sip.conf (relevant info)
[general]
context=default
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=yes
externip=xx.xx.xx.xx
localnet=192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0

register => user:pass at sip1.provider.com:5060
register => user:pass at sip2.provider.com:5060

[provider-sw1]
context=incoming
type=friend
host= sip1.provider.com
username=user
secret=pass
canreinvite=no ; if using a nat, do not change
insecure=port,invite ; do NOT remove this
qualify=5000 ; do NOT remove this
dtmfmode=auto
nat=no ; do NOT remove/change this
disallow=all
;allow=g729 ;uncomment if you have purchased a g729 license or can do passthru
allow=ulaw

[provider-sw2]
context=incoming
type=friend