[asterisk-users] forwarding pots lines

Matt Watson matt at mattgwatson.ca
Fri May 23 16:30:46 CDT 2008

On May 23, 2008 11:25:55 am Dennis P. Clark wrote:
> Will fax and dial-up internet work through the gateway?

In generaly this is a bad idea (especially dialup internet). If both the
gateways you use support T.38 origination/termination then faxing will not be
a problem at all.

However, in your case I assume you are only transporting the calls over LAN,
and there is no WAN/Internet involved... which means you will probably achive
a high success rate for both dialup and fax... I wouldn;t be surprised if you
can;t max out the baud on your dialup internet connections though... i'd
expect a slight reduction in speed (and errors, though error correction built
into your modem would hopefully take care of this, at the cost of a a little
speed due to re-transmissions)

--
Matt
http://www.mattgwatson.ca