[asterisk-users] Todays at 12 Noon EDT: Mike Trest on large volume calling with asterisk

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Fri May 23 04:02:17 CDT 2008

Just before 12 Noon EDT, call :

-  SIP/123 at 66.212.134.192,60,D(22622#1#)
-or-  (724) 444-7444 and enter 22622# 1#
there is also a DNS: TS.X2Z.EU if you're too lazy to type 66.212.134.192

--- If you have a PIN, please use it rather than the 1#

I didn't want to use "Big and Fast" as the subject and end up in
everyone's spam bins, but that *is* the subject of today's conference.

After many requests, we finally have someone to talk on large scale
implementation of VoIP systems with asterisk. Using a farm of Asterisk
and Digium cards, tens Of Thousands of simultaneous calls can be made
and Mike Trest has offered to take it all apart for us to look inside.

Mike's recent projects include design and deployment of a 6,000 port
voice bridge to support a Mobile application for SPRINT/NEXTEL. This
platform is used to deliver NASCAR audio programming from inside the
race cars to mobile subscribers. A similar project will support
100,000 ports for delivery of interactive entertainment media to
mobile subscribers.

All the details for hooking with us LIVE up can be found here:

*  http://VoipUsersConference.org  -or- http://x2z.eu (permanent short URL)

IRC for the back chatter is on Freenode.net  #voip-users-conference

If you want to try TringMe's click to call widget we talked about last
week, you can find the demo here:

*  http://randulo.com/nwc/tringme/

It will only be active between 12 Noon and 1PM EDT and I think calls
are limited to 20 minutes.

Randy