[asterisk-users] reload stopping EVERYTHING on CLI and causing havoc.

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Thu May 22 15:19:07 CDT 2008

Sherwood McGowan wrote:
> Mark Hamilton wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yesterday I made a change in queues.conf and so tried doing a reload
>> app_queue.so in the CLI. (Using 1.4.18). It didn’t seem to do
>> anything, infact all action on CLI stopped.
>>
>> Then, I did a reload. Same thing.
>>
>> After that there was no other way.. because even stop now wouldn’t
>> work, so I did a service asterisk restart
>>
>> And then asterisk kept giving the same thing on prompt “Died
>> successfully” and all that it usually says when you issue a stop now,
>> except it kept showing that on root prompt after doing a service
>> asterisk restart.
>>
>> Did a killall asterisk, and finally it stopped.
>>
>> Then started asterisk service. It was fine.
>>
>> Did a full restart at night, and it was fine.
>>
>> NOW, I wanted to do a reload again today mid-day when in full use, and
>> it still didn’t work, and ALL of the above happened again.
>>
>> --
>>
>> How do I diagnose what’s causing this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mark.

> I've had this problem before, haven't debugged it. I definitely look
> forward to hearing what is said about this.
>
> Example from my recent experience, I wanted to restart the server and so
> did
>
> pbx0*CLI> restart now
>
> But nothing happened...system continued to allow calls to take place.
> I've found that sometimes exiting and reconnecting to the CLI helps, but
> there have been a couple occasions where NOTHING would allow the server
> to restart save for a reboot. Even killall asterisk didn't kill the
> process....
>
> Sherwood McGowan

 Sounds like you're waiting on a mutex locked somewhere within the queue infrastructure. You'll want to take a look at DEBUG_THREAD and follow on research behind that.

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2003-November/002384.html

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/