[asterisk-users] asterisk-addons 1.6.0 "Command 'realtime mysql status'

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Thu May 22 12:37:21 CDT 2008

> Thought I'd post this, see if anyone has experienced this...I am using
> Asterisk 1.6 from the SVN branch and Asterisk-addons 1.6 from the SVN
> branch. Mysql is running and I've connected using the information that
> is in res_mysql.conf but when I try to check the realtime status I get
> the following:
> Connected to Asterisk SVN-branch-1.6.0-r117183 currently running on
> ubuntu (pid = 31371)
> Verbosity is at least 3
>    -- Remote UNIX connection
> ubuntu*CLI> module reload res_config_mysql.so
>    -- Reloading module 'res_config_mysql.so' (MySQL RealTime
> Configuration Driver)
>  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/res_mysql.conf':  == Found
>  == MySQL RealTime reloaded.
> ubuntu*CLI> realtime mysql status
> Command 'realtime mysql status' failed.
>
> Here's a sanitized version of res_mysql.conf
> [general]
> dbhost = localhost
> dbport = 3306
> dbname = **db**
> dbuser = **user**
> dbpass = **pass**
> dbsock = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
>
> Any thoughts?

I'm currently testing this as well.  In the res_mysql.conf, use dbhost
= 127.0.0.1 instead of 'localhost'.

Also try to connect to the mysql database with the user/pass at the
command line just to ensure mysql is accepting connections for that
user on the local machine.

# mysql -u **user** -p

In /etc/mysql/my.cnf ensure:
bind-address = 0.0.0.0
or
bind-address = 127.0.0.1

My test is connecting fine to local and remote databases, I'm use
Asterisk 1.6-current and addon-1.6-current from digium ftp, not trunk.

Hope this helps.

JR
--
JR Richardson