[asterisk-users] Fax solution for Asterisk

Craig Guy craig.a.guy at gmail.com
Thu May 22 11:05:03 CDT 2008

Not necessarily - if you set your iaxmodems to only produce G4 encoded tiffs
you can then use something like c42pdf http://c42pdf.ffii.org/ which
essentially copies the tiff image data into a pdf container.  Lightning
fast, quality is preserved, very little memory usage and very little cpu.  I
believe that the tiff2pdf binary in later versions of libtiff does a similar
thing.

Craig