[asterisk-users] upgrade of asterisk .... to what?

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Thu May 22 09:19:04 CDT 2008

Sherwood McGowan <sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com> writes:

> He's right, I have a client who is running 1.2 but wishes to upgrade and
> it's going to be a pretty large undertaking. If nothing else, look at
> the change logs for 1.4 AND 1.6 and then decide if you're in need of an
> upgrade.

In practice, upgrades to 1.4 are not all that difficult unless you
areusing many deprecated things in 1.2. All we tend to hit is that
queue members defined in queues.conf are permanent --
RemoveQueueMember does not remove them.

I upgraded my home Asterisk to 1.6 beta, and the only thing broken so
far was a Dial command with | used as a separator. I was rather
impressed.

/Benny