[asterisk-users] Asterisk Database Handling

Douglas Garstang dougmig33 at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 16:37:52 CDT 2008

General Asterisk question.

We are sending CDR's to MySQL via odbc. It seems that Asterisk is sometimes dropping CDR's, and they aren't being sent to the database (they ARE in the Master.csv file though). We suspect that when the MySQL socket is idle, it gets disconnected, either by the MySQL server or by our firewall, and when Asterisk goes to send the next CDR over the socket, does not re-open the database, and drops that CDR. Possibly on the next call, it connects ok and sends the next CDR.

This was a documented problem with voicemail users in the db in some previous version of Asterisk 1.2, and was patched and fixed in a later version of Asterisk 1.2

We are using Asterisk 1.2.19.

So... surely this must be a general problem with ANY Asterisk module that uses the database. Do all modules use the same common database code or do they all use their own? If they all use their own, I guess idle database connection issues may be fixed in some modules and not others. If it's common Asterisk database code, is it all fixed in a newer version? Is it fixed in Asterisk 1.4?

Thanks,
Doug.