[asterisk-users] Server recommendation help

Cavanna, Richard RCavanna at sychip.com
Wed May 21 08:13:15 CDT 2008

Matt,

	Thanks for the input.  I have done this.   The issue is that the
onboard network controllers share IRQ with the PCI slots.  Although I
have had 0 issues until now, because I moved everything so 1 PCI slot
was independent, the box cannot support a second card and everything
else.  I am going to try a PCI network card and see if I can get it to
work.

For the record this is a Dell 2850 and there have been 0 issues until
now.

Richard

>You might want to see if you can change the IRQ assignments in your
servers >bios (might have to turn off the "PNP OS Installed" option if
you have one)