[asterisk-users] Error Counters on PRI Circuit

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Tue May 20 19:03:06 CDT 2008

Joe Pukepail wrote:
> Is there a way to see error counts on the T1 of a PRI?  Hooked up to
> asterisk via a digium TE122.   Looking for something to make sure I'm
> not getting any CRC, framing or other errors on the T1.
>
> Using asterisk 1.4.19 and zaptel 1.4.10

Go on ebay and buy an ADC Kentrox DataSmart 658 for less than $100
dollars.  The 658 has an ethernet port for management and grabbing the
stats of the T1 line itself.

For an ISDN T1 PRI, set channels 1-23 to T1 Voice and Channel 24 to T1
Data, otherwise the B channel won't come up.  You may need a DB15male
and a DB15female  to RJ45 adapters as not all of these units on Ebay
come with them.  The T1 from the phone company connects to the Network
connector(db15 male on the unit) and the Terminal connector (db15
female) goes to Asterisk.

These units started appearing on Ebay at the under $100 price mark about
a year ago or so.  If you buy new, I think they are around $1200 in the US.

And if you are not sure how to configure them, ADC is quite
accommodating and I have configured more than one and can assist.

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.