[asterisk-users] At whit's end was 'DHCP Failure screws up system '

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Tue May 20 14:38:36 CDT 2008

Eric Wieling wrote:
> Doug Lytle wrote:
>
> Based on the SIP poke message you pasted in an earlier message, the
> qualify= option you used is virtually guaranteed to cause SIP poke problems.

Understood, wouldn't it also indicate that, when putting 2 phones and
the phone system on it's own little switch and I still see the SIP poke
messgages that it's something to do with either the Polycoms or the system?

Just struggling to understand what is going on.

On the norm, we've never had anything above 60ms.  Taking out the
qualify worked briefly.  FOP showed statuses fine.  The they started
dropping out and phones were unable to receive/make calls.

Also, I replace the NIC and it made no difference and using 2 NICs (1
for 192.x.x.x and one for the 10.10.10.x networks) instead of 2 IPs on
one interface made no difference either.

I guess I go back to plan A and replace the machine.

Thanks again