[asterisk-users] Problem with Polycom forwarding

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Tue May 20 11:26:34 CDT 2008

> > I am having trouble with Polycom forwards and Asterisk.  Basically, I
> > have no clue on how to force callerid or even custom variables (set
> > using SetVar in the sip.conf file) on the transfered call.
> >
> > For example, I set a variable called var_a to "foo".  When the call
> > comes in, the variable is set.  The Polycom is set to forward the call
> > to 555-555-1234.  When that second "leg" of the same is done, var_a is
> > unset.
>
> Did you try _var_a? Iirc you need to prepend it with an underscore to
> make the variable persistent.
>
> Regards,
> Patrick

I had not tried (I did not know that), but it did not help.
Problem is a call coming in to the Polycom is coming in to a registration,
which is linked to a sip.conf entry.  If it's a normal registration, all is
fine.  If it's a forward, it doesn't work.

Maybe the problem comes from the fact that it's a variable in my sip
database (I am using realtime SIP entries) and not in the diaplan per say.

My setvar column is this:
internal_callerid=blabla <123>;did=5555551234

I tried adding underscores before "did" (as in: internal_callerid=blabla
<123>;__did=5555551234) but that didn't help.

Mike