[asterisk-users] 183 Session Progress

Steven Howes steve at geekinter.net
Tue May 20 11:09:11 CDT 2008

Hi All,

We have a Cisco CME linked to our Asterisk PBX (named 'epstein'). Off
said PBX we have numerous other PBX's, some IAX and some SIP. On a
call placed from CME (SIP) to 'epstein' it all works fine except for a
few quirks.

When calling through epstein to an IAX peer we get '100 trying'
followed by '180 ringing' sent back down the SIP leg to CME. All works
fine.

When calling through epstein to a SIP peer we get '100' followed by
'183' with SDP and then '180'. The 183 appears to cause a problem with
CME. Which is as follows:

When the 183 with SDP is received the phone display shows the 'To:'
field as the handsets caller ID.

Is there any way to prevent 183 generation to certain peers? We have
had a play with http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+sip+progressinband
  to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Steve