[asterisk-users] Fax Machine Options

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Tue May 20 09:34:22 CDT 2008

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> It turns out their SIP provider doesn't support the T.38 protocol for faxing.
> Their statement is if you really need it, use ulaw and AstraFax? I don't understand
> how AstraFax makes a difference in the process?

It doesn't make a difference.  uLaw over SIP/UDP still involves jitter
which results in data loss ... regardless of what fax device or program
you use.

As I tried to indicate in my first reply... I would encourage you to
order an analog phone line for that fax machine.  There are other
options, but in most cases the customer is happy to pay the line charge.

Thanks,

Lee.