[asterisk-users] Dutch Asterisk mailing list?

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.to
Tue May 20 07:05:49 CDT 2008

Quoting "Erik de Wild: Tripple-o" <info at tripple-o.nl>:

>>>  "What is the most reliable method for Asterisk
>>>       to detect the Called ID for incoming calls on
>>>       an analog line in the Netherlands?"
>
> In Holland you have to pay to receive cid info on the incoming line.

I've got that and I've tested it (twice), so I know it works.

> ... if you have a phone that only supports FSK the CID will never work.

I've got one of those too; I used it for the above test.

> I still have a couple of ETSI -> FSK converters catching dust. So
> if you pay for CID but your phone doesn't support and you have a
> pot line connected to your Asterisk server I can provide you with
> a solution for a couple of EUR.

Aha! That's definitely a workaround, but it sounds like it should work.

> If you use the proper card maybe you can adjust the settings so it
> supports ETSI instead of FSK.

The proper card? Which one would that be? I've been told that my
TDM410 should work, but as I've said before, no luck so far. I'm
starting to believe that it may involve a magical combination of
settings along with chicken blood, frog entrails and some sort of
dance (a solution more familiar to Windows admins).

> I used X100P cards and needed the convertor to get proper CID.

Tired of wasting time, I suspect this will be the quickest way out for
me as well.

> If the Dutch mailing list starts I will join ;-)

I just added myself to the new list.

Cheers,

Jaap