[asterisk-users] karaoke functionality

Sherwood McGowan sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com
Tue May 20 06:42:56 CDT 2008

Arjan Kroon | Mobillion wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Is it possible top use a form of Karaoke Functionality?
>

> When a caller calls a number, he hears a voicefile.
>
> During this voicefile he sings along with this voicefile.
>
> Is it possible to record what the caller is singing?
>

> Grt,

Yes, this is entirely possible using Monitor().
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+Monitor

When you record a conversation using the monitor command, the end result
is two files, a [name]-in.[ext] file and a [name]-out.[ext] file....I
believe you're looking for the input side, I always get them confused....

Just be sure not to use the m option, that would mix the two channels
together into a single sound file.

Hope this helps,
Sherwood McGowan