[asterisk-users] Newbie Voicemail: Just use one [context] in voicemail.conf?!

Lee, John (Sydney) John.Lee at compuware.com
Tue May 20 02:58:45 CDT 2008

I was thinking about dividing my users into different groups (contexts)
in voicemail.conf so that I could use "voicemail show users for
[context]" to manage them easier.

However, I found out that I should not do that because if I am using
[macro-stdexten] in extensions.conf, I will need to hardcode the
[context] in Voicemail command within [macro-stdexten] and there is no
way [macro-stdexten] can know which voicemail context a user is in
anyway.

As a result, I just go back to put all users in [default] in
voicemail.conf.

Am I missing anything?