[asterisk-users] Asterisk first time user

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at mercury.net
Mon May 19 17:41:11 CDT 2008

I guess take this into consideration if time isn't a real factor
(however, I'm sure it is). In my experience I found it best to start
learning with the configuration files only then use the GUI. The GUI's
are very nice and handy, but sometimes I feel they lack what you could
do with manually creating your dial plan. Also you learn how to debug /
troubleshoot problems by experimenting with it, I found that to be very
helpful. Maybe build out your dial plan with the GUI so you can get your
office up and running, then make a new context to experiment with doing
things manually.

Kevin