[asterisk-users] Understanding Incoming sip DID handling

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Mon May 19 13:12:33 CDT 2008

Hi,
What is the method (preferred) way Asterisk handles the incoming
sip lines? I am currently trying to setup two lines, one has
unlimited in/out channels and the other phone number has only two.

The provider has given a macro that manages dialing out on the two
possible servers.

Would I match on phone number to decide where to send it? Both lines
can originate from two different servers so matching by IP wouldn't
help as both share either/or server.

Thanks!
jlc