[asterisk-users] Asterisk concurrent calls count

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon May 19 08:54:47 CDT 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Steve Totaro
<stotaro at totarotechnologies.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 7:39 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:

>>> Yes, that is right "so far".  Very observant, although the thread
>>> title may be a clue......
>>
>> As others have noted, this is mostly mmeaningless.
>>
>> I think I can easily get some 1000-s of channels running on this
>> Asteirsk instance on my desktop.
>>
>> Yeah, those would be Local channels and will push no frames at all. But
>> who cares: my great PBX has many concurrent calls.
>>
>> --
>>               Tzafrir Cohen
>> icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
>> +972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
>> http://www.xorcom.com  iax:guest at local.xorcom.com/tzafrir

> Whatever, vendor....

As you have conveniently snipped what I  had previously proposed to
benchmark then your silly proposal of local channels is sneaky at the
least and at most an attempt to discredit any of the benchmarks.

Maybe one day Xorcom will be included, don't be mad that they don't
make the first cut.

The methodology is the only thing lacking, but I have a couple people
to help me in this regard so far.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro