[asterisk-users] Dutch Asterisk mailing list?

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.to
Mon May 19 08:34:57 CDT 2008

Quoting Michiel van Baak <michiel at vanbaak.info>:

>> Would anyone here happen to know of the existence of a Dutch Asterisk
>> mailing list? If so, where can it be found?
>
> Not that I know off.

I didn't think so. Either that, or its existence is a well kept secret!

> I can start it if you want.

Yeah, why not. Eventually, it may help to solve this and other
KPN-related problems, which can only be good for Asterisk adoption in
the Netherlands. I'll sign up for it if you let me know where.

I did find this forum, though:

    http://www.asteriskguru.com/board/nederlands-dutch-vf3.html

However, it looks like it's never been very active (started in 2005, 4
messages this year so far).

>>        "What is the most reliable method for Asterisk
>>        to detect the Called ID for incoming calls on
>>        an analog line in the Netherlands?"
>
> Cant help you with this.
> Callerid in .nl is done with dtmf on analog lines. ...

So far, I've learned that KPN Telecom uses DTMF with polarity
reversal. It is occasionally referred to as ETSI DTMF, after the
European Telecommunications Standards Institute. The caller's number
is transmitted after polarity reversal and just before ringing. Except
for a DTMF 'D', no notification is sent before the number is
transmitted. Following number transmission, a DTMF 'C' is sent and
finally the ring signal.

References and other interesting sources of info:

* Caller ID FAQ v2.32 1st April 2004
http://www.ainslie.org.uk/callerid/cli_faq.htm

* CLIP
http://www.blichfeldt.dk/faq/clip.htm

* [Asterisk-Dev] Support for DTMF style callerid signalling
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2003-July/001162.html

Actually, I have found tantalizing evidence of a few successes:

* [RESOLVED] CallerID sometimes works in The Netherlands
http://forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?p=17012&sid=9bb154b191a93dc47698cd123e3fd1b1

* Not Getting CID Through My A200
http://www.trixbox.org/forums/vendor-moderated-forums/sangoma/not-getting-cid-through-my-a200

Unfortunately, I must be missing something, because none of this works for me.

Cheers,

Jaap