[asterisk-users] Asterisk on iPhone

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Mon May 19 05:33:28 CDT 2008

On Mon, 19 May 2008, Steve Davies wrote:

> 2008/5/19 Steven Howes <steve at geekinter.net>:
>>
>> On 18 May 2008, at 23:42, Andrea Cristofanini wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> I just saw this now !
>>> does the microphone and speaker works ?
>>> Can you use it like softphone for recive calls ?
>>> Regards  Andrea
>>
>> Since when is Asterisk a SIP client.
>>

> Check the date on the original email "April Fool" !

Even if it is an April Fool - it ought to be possible. There is/was? a
project to put asterisk on the Nokia 770, and I undestand they got it
going, using the "console" as  soft-phone to initiate calls out via it's
Wi-Fi interface.

I was almost tempted to try it, but time was short at the time, and
holding an N770 to my head seemed a bit silly.. (built in mic and
speakers, but no socket for an external mic)

Gordon