[asterisk-users] Extension not found

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Mon May 19 04:58:04 CDT 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 11:36 AM, bas karan <baskaran_g6 at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> I am new to this concept, Could you explain me little
> bit extra please?

You will need to put extensions in contexts. The context is a
fundamental concept of the dialplan. All extensions are inside a
context. In your sip.conf file you have given the phones a context you
call "sip". That means that when a call enters it appears in the sip
context (under [sip] in extensions.conf) The error message clearly
tells you that the extension has not been found, meaning the call is
not in the correct context.

You should probably read this book:

 http://tfot.leifmadsen.com

to get the basic concepts down or maybe this one:

 http://snurl.com/dasbuch

Best,

/r