[asterisk-users] Asterisk concurrent calls count

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun May 18 22:54:01 CDT 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 02:02:18PM -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
> If Digium won't supply benchmarking, then let's have a 3rd party throw
> down the gauntlet.
>
> Digium vs Sangoma on stock kernels and stock machines with identical
> call load, apps, transcoding.  No optimization, just stock, and see at
> what load we hit a breaking point.
>
> Then Asterisk vs FreeSwitch on similar apps pushing them to the
> breaking point as well.
>
> Nothing but pure numbers.

Generated by a tester who can define "breaking" in a fashion that suits
everyone.  I've just had a problem clear up by bumping a machine from
Core2Duo to Core2Quad, that I was almost certain was a crappy Ethernet
cable, 400 ft over spec.

Defining what's "stable" and what's "not" will be the hard part, not
running the tests.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.