[asterisk-users] Asterisk concurrent calls count

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sat May 17 07:51:04 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 9:18 PM, Tilghman Lesher
<tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:
> On Friday 16 May 2008 19:37:59 Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 10:11:11AM -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
>> > It seems any constructive criticism offered, you take as an attack
>> > against Digium.  That is not a good attitude.
>>
>> I dunno, Steve; I wouldn't call "Digium needs to 'man-up'" constructive
>> criticism, myself.  I'd call it an ad-hominem.
>>
>> Tilghman *does* seem to be a bit of a cheerleader, but there's nothing
>> wrong with that... unless you're an *employee*, and you're going out of
>> your way to hide it.
>
> I'm been a member of this community far longer than I've worked for Digium,
> and even then, I form my own opinions and I call them as I see them.  If I
> can't say something because of insider knowledge, I know well enough to keep
> my mouth shut, but this is not one of those times.  And if there _is_
> something wrong with the way Digium is doing something, I also am more than
> happy to put up a big fuss until it's fixed.
>
> I'm probably a bit of a loose cannon, but they knew that when they hired
> me.  ;-)
>
> --
> Tilghman

"Man up" and post some common benchmarks.  It is easy to leave out
context and take one line to prove your point.  Politicians do it
every day as of late.

Let me contact Sangoma, I am sure they will do it.....  In fact, they
wanted me to do head to head benchmarks against Digium products.  Is
Digium game because Sangoma is ready willing and able?

It is about the money, like it or not.  You are going to an Avaya type
licensing scheme, everything is charged per port.  The box is capable
of doing more but you turn it off until you get more money.  It's like
the Definity G3s I have worked with.  The box can do everything but
until you pony up, it is not activated.

Any SwitchVox sale I have tried to pitch dies quickly and this is even
involving Switchvox reps on a conference call.

How about if I don't want support and use my own hardware, then can do
I still have to pay to upgrade to SMB or whatever?  Follow the logic?
Anyways, the profit margin on "appliances" is way too low.  I might as
well sell 3Coms or NECs if I am selling boxes with per seat license
fees and have to hack the box to do any customization.

They are not being conservative, when all you do is put a CC and then
a button shows up to upgrade, this is the same hardware mind you....

Guess I will stick to my DL 380s and (if a GUI is required) FreePBX or
Druid (if it tests out ok).

Thanks,
Steve Totaro