[asterisk-users] Digium Card: Power Connector, from SATA to NORMAL

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Sat May 17 05:37:43 CDT 2008

Well, why Digium is still using this kind of power
connector while all new machines does not come with
these types?

Regards
Bilal

------------

Bilal,

I linked a store and product for you in the thread
already.  A simple
google search will turn up hundred if not thousands of
suppliers.

Just google "Sata to Molex power" turns up a quarter
million hits.
Find a supplier you like, and purchase.

http://www.google.com/search?q=sata+to+molex+power+adaptor&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Thanks,
Steve Totaro

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 7:59 AM, bilal ghayyad
 <bilmar_gh at yahoo.com>
 wrote:
> Dears;
>
>  Till that monment, I did not get my answer. What
shall
>  I do when the power supply in the PC does not have
>  NORMA power connector to use it for the DIGIUM
card?
>  The only available connectors are SATA power
>  connector.
>
>  So is there a convertor to convert from SATA to
>  NORMAL? Or what should I do?
>
>  Maybe I understood that I have to use extenal power
>  supply to supply electrical for the card? Am
correct?

>  Regards
>  Bilal
>  ------------------------------
>
> On May 4, 2008 08:40:10 pm Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>  > > > Customer's insistence.  We didn't have a
choice,
>  really.
>  > > Nothing wrong with that, it just adds more
>  billable hours.  :-)
>  > As long as it does.
>
>  I don't know about you, but whenever a customer
wants
>  me to do work and
>   does
>  not want to follow my recommendations, I have the
>  paper trail copied
>   out in
>  triplicate just to cover my ass.
>
>  Sometimes they're right, but generally when they
ask