[asterisk-users] update DB on ringing/ catch ringing event

Benjamin Jacob ben4asterisk at yahoo.com
Sat May 17 01:15:31 CDT 2008

Update on this one.

I finally went back to AMI only for implementing this particular feature, but ofcourse I had to make an addition of a couple of lines for my particular requirement.

On "Dial", the 'dial' event is sent over AMI which I capture. Unfortunately the event didn't have any field identifying the account/or other user settable data for that particular call. So, I added lines in app_dial.c to send even the CDR userfield in the event.
So, before doing the 'Dial' I set CDR userfield with my own data, which is captured by the AMI user and populates/updates the correct row in my DB with the dialed channel, etc.