[asterisk-users] Not hearing first prompts

Benoit Plessis benoit at plessis.info
Fri May 16 17:04:30 CDT 2008

Alan Lord wrote:
>> Unfortunately not. It is the same if we use our Siemens DECT/SIP
>> handsets or the Ekiga softphone...
>>
>> I recall having this problem once before and that it "went away" when I
>> changed from Ekiga to Twinkle. When I get chance, I will re-install
>> Twinkle and see if that exhibits the same problem.

I've always had this kind of problems with ekiga, the first 2/3 seconds
of sound are
of bad quality (cutted, metallic, ..) and always missing one or two
seconds, and this last
for at least 3 years. this remind me that i still hasn't verified if
this as been reported as a bug
to ekiga team

it is the reason why i'm using twinkle as a phone client, and twinkle
isn't a good client
(weird translation, usability .... inexistant) but at least audio is
good and it can ring on
a sound card and phone using another one.

Anyway instead of doing a Wait(), i used a Anwser() +
Playback(silence/1) to get around this kind
of thing. Since it's most probably problem while decoding first bunch of
audio sample, using Wait()
won't help.

--
Benoit Plessis					+33 6 77 42 78 32