[asterisk-users] [asterisk-biz] Announcing the first North America Druid Meetupshappening Chicago 22 May 2008 and Altanta 27 May 2008

Lenz lenz-ml at loway.it
Fri May 16 04:34:03 CDT 2008

Hi Steve,
we tested Druid  for a while - our setup was pretty much call-center-ish,
so we did not do much testing of hardware and advanced PBX
functionalities, while we used it to build queues and trunks and
extensions.

Generally speaking, it looked quite polished and very easy to use (never
needed to look up the docs); the dialplan code it produced was a bit
leaner than the one FreePBX uses. From our point of view, we found it
quite easy to build a reasonable call-center set up with it, so we
produced a small guide on setting up QueueMetrics with it - you may want
to have a look at it to see how Druid looks like:
http://queuemetrics.com/download/QM_Druid_100.pdf

Well worth trying out - though I personally have not yet found a
reasonable replacement for vi, my favourite Asterisk configuration editor.

Just my euro 0.02,
l.

--
Loway Research - Home of QueueMetrics