[asterisk-users] Citel Gateways

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Fri May 16 03:16:54 CDT 2008

Terrible experience.  VERY loud blast of static at the beginning of
calls and pops and click throughout.  The static was not limited to
one box, all four had the same issue.  The pops and clicks were
determined to be only on extensions connected to one box that was
RMAed and the replacement still blasted you with static.

The amount of time I put into trying to get the Definity units working
as expected far outweighed the cost of the Polycoms, not to mention
taking me away from other work.

This was replacing a Definity G3 about a year and a half ago.  I
finally returned the Citels and did what should have been done to
begin with, replace the phones with new Polycoms and Ebay the old
phones.  Of course that was my recommendation from the start but when
you have a semi tech savvy CEO, they like to google and second guess
to save a buck, they buy all the "We are the leaders of....) marketing
crap.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro