[asterisk-users] A couple of newbie questions

Richard Spencer rspencer at telelinkcallcenter.com
Thu May 15 22:38:56 CDT 2008

Hi Everyone, I'm pretty new to asterisk but coming from a call center
background; needless to say I am amazed. Here is my current dilemma; but
first some info on my setup. I have 3 public IP's from my provider...my
LAN sits under one behind a Sonicwall TZ-180, while my trixbox sits on
another behind a Linksys home router. The trixbox is running off a
Visionman Server and I have port forwarded all ports (-0-65555?) to the
trixbox. When I am on my LAN, on the same gateway as the trixbox, I can
connect using the web interface and ping the box using the public IP; when
I am at home on a personal connection, I can do neither. Also, when
connected on my LAN, and using a softphone (X-lite), I cannot connect to
the trixbox. Is this an issue with the Sonicwall? Also, do anyone have any
recommendations for SIP Providers that terminate in Canada? I currently
have one DID from voicenetworks.ca and it connects to the trixbox fine and
actually bring calls in (I have it set to keep the caller on hold because
I can't register the softphone to answer the extension so it busies out.)
so I know it has a valid internet connection. Any insight would be great.