[asterisk-users] Received SIP subscribe for peer without mailbox

James Sneeringer jsneerin at gmail.com
Thu May 15 16:26:14 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Sanjay Rajdev
<sanjay.rajdev at featherstoneinformatics.com> wrote:
> I am receiving a NOTICE on CLI
> Received SIP subscribe for peer without mailbox
>
> I have installed 1.4.19.1 first and then upgraded to 1.4.19.2, In both the
> version  I am getting the same notice.
>
> I have been using  1.4.15 earlier, where I never got this.

Some SIP peer (phone) is sending a subscribe request so it can get the
status of a mailbox, but the mailbox does not exist. Either add a
mailbox for that peer in voicemail.conf, or reconfigure the peer to
not send subscribe requests for its extension (i.e. not to check
voicemail).

-James