[asterisk-users] Asterisk dropping around 2% of ALL calls ever since we moved to EM_W signalling?

Sherwood McGowan sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com
Thu May 15 12:45:53 CDT 2008

Steve Totaro wrote:
> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Don Pobanz
> <dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, May 15, 2008 11:11 AM - Sherwood McGowan said

>>> we've been temporarily stuck with a pair of EM Wink T's. Ever since
>>> then, we've been dropping 1-2% of all calls (in or out) and even more
>>> strange, when a call gets dropped, a phantom call was being
>>> generated on
>>> the incoming side, but only by Asterisk, the T providers (Qwest) say
>>> they have no records of those calls.

>> I don't know whether this could be related or not but are you set to
>> loop timing on your incoming phone company T1 port? I have seen timing
>> issues create some strange issues.
>>
>> By the way, we are using incoming EM wink trunks delivered over a T1 and
>> are not having any issues. We are using Asterisk 1.4.18 with Zaptel
>> 1.4.10.
>>
>> Don Pobanz
>>
>> --
>> MailDefender Message Security: Click below to verify authenticity
>> http://www.exchangedefender.com/verify.asp?id=m4FH3AwE015747&from=dpobanz@hastingsutilities.com
>>

> How did your dialplan change.  When do the hangups occur?  Is there a pattern?
>
> I have done a few E&M wink setups with no issues other than getting
> the configs and dialplan right.
>
> Personally, I would ream your provider rep and demand that your
> situation be escalated to the top.  If they don't agree, go over their
> head, I always get an escalation form with contacts for each
> escalation level.  Obviously, when thing are straightened out, make it
> a point be very thankful to everyone and CC them with what a great job
> they did.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve Totaro

Steve,
Thanks for the input. The dialplan did not change when this symptom
started happening. There is no pattern other than we drop 1 or 2 calls
at a time, I've reviewed the dialplan executions (verbose level 3 output
to log file) and the call is executing as normal but then the far end
(trunk side) just disconnects, and we then go to timeout (which it should).

I've tried to be cool with our reps so far, but it IS getting a little
ridiculous, sounds like I may have to go that route.

Sherwood McGowan