[asterisk-users] Asterisk dropping around 2% of ALL calls ever since we moved to EM_W signalling?

Sherwood McGowan sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com
Thu May 15 11:11:14 CDT 2008

Alright guys and gals,
I'm a little lost, I'm primarily a SIP/IAX based guy, and have ended up
with a Zap installation. Everything was fine with our old provider when
we were using PRI, but the new provider screwed up on provisioning and
we've been temporarily stuck with a pair of EM Wink T's. Ever since
then, we've been dropping 1-2% of all calls (in or out) and even more
strange, when a call gets dropped, a phantom call was being generated on
the incoming side, but only by Asterisk, the T providers (Qwest) say
they have no records of those calls.

So, my question to you is, has anyone else dealt with a EM Wink T before
using Asterisk, if so did you experience problems similar to this, and
finally, if so how did you deal with it?

Here's an outline of our system specs:

Dual 2.3Ghz Athlon
2GB RAM
Asterisk 1.4.16 (Tried 1.4.19 as well)
Zaptel 1.4.10

51 Zap phones connected via SEPARATE TE407 and channel bank
2 EM_W T1's connected via TE407
25 SIP Phones

All calls are being recorded by the Monitor() application, there is no
timeout on the dial command, I can find NOTHING in the system config
that would instruct Asterisk to dump the call.
I have spoken with the Qwest technicians who have pulled their call
records, and they report that we "disconnected the call"....

Any ideas, thoughts? I've reviewed the verbose (full setting, writing to
file) and see that the far end channel disconnects, and then the near
end goes into TIMEOUT. I've watched full debug output as well, from
file, cannot find ANYTHING...

Thanks for any help,
Sherwood McGowan