[asterisk-users] caller-id on X100P fails frequently

Daniel Lynes astuser at westwoodvillagecomputers.com
Thu May 15 10:07:18 CDT 2008

Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> I have a Wildcard FXO: Wildcard X100P (clone) in my Asterisk (1.4.17)
> machine and as of late, Caller-ID on it seems to be failing more
> frequently than not.  Sometimes I get "callerid.c:613 callerid_feed:
> Caller*ID failed checksum" sometimes it fails without even that.

It can fail for one of three reasons on an X100P card:
    1. The caller blocked their caller ID
    2. Your gains are not set correctly in zapata.conf (I believe the
one for caller id is rxgain).
    3. You're using an X100P card...the caller ID hardware on it has
always had problems, and some X100P/X101P cards are worse than others.
> Any ideas on how to make it more reliable?

Try adjusting your gains, or replacing the card.